THE EQUALS GROUP
EQUALS International is part of the EQUALS Group of organisations.
Some 25 years ago EQUALS began with a dream of promoting and developing human potential. Throughout our history we have been involved in philanthropic projects and activities and the promotion of human rights within the local and wider community.
As our capacity has grown, so has our ability to meet the needs of our changing world. Over time EQUALS has established new entities that deliver services and products contributing towards social advancement. Similarly these entities act as a vehicle towards achieving our overarching vision and mission.
The following is a graphical representation of our different entities, all of which uniquely contribute to our vision for humanity.
Please visit Industry & Partners for more information on our organisations.
For almost 25 years, EQUALS has been providing quality and meaningful learning and development opportunities to people from all walks of life.
Since our inception in 1991, our vision to develop the latent potentialities of individuals and organisations has seen us expand in Australia and various parts of the world delivering both accredited and non-accredited programs addressing the mental, physical, spiritual and emotional aspects of life.
EQUALS is committed to addressing the skills required for a sustainable future in a rapidly changing world. Our focus is on empowering and encouraging individuals and organisations to make a positive difference in their own work environment thereby creating meaningful and sustainable outcomes.
We advocate a new paradigm of work through our spiritual principles: ethical business practices, promotion of partnerships between women and men in all fields of endeavour, advocate and participate in corporate social responsibility and promote values based leadership. Our bedrock is non- adversarial decision making through consultation.
We welcome you to have an EQUALS experience.
With warm greetings,
Founder & Chief Executive
Regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.
Education can, alone cause it to reveal its treasures, and enable humankind to benefit therefrom.
OUR VISION & MISSION
Katina Jones launched EQUALS International in South Australia on 19 March, 1991. 25 years later, the company has grown into an international provider of education and development solutions servicing partners and clients from all around the world.
Created to promote and develop human potential, our focus is on creating sustainable and meaningful outcomes for our clients.
While the world around us has changed, and the company has grown, Katina’s original vision has remained the same.
EQUALS has a vision of a new world based on universal spiritual principles. A prerequisite to this is the equality of women and men.
The world of humanity has two wings… one is woman, the other men.
Not until both wings are equally developed can the bird fly.
WHO ARE WE?
EQUALS was established in 1991. We are an internationally recognised and Registered Training Organisation (registered with the Australian Quality Training Framework) that delivers innovative vocational education solutions to Australian and international students.
We specialise in creating innovative solutions for our clients. We work with individuals, government, NGO’s, corporate and community sectors.
We also offer nationally recognised training for individuals and groups. Focusing on Integrated Health, Aged and Community Services, Disability, Nursing, Business and Management, Retail, Hospitality, Early Childhood Education & Care and more, we provide our learners with high quality learning experiences and excellent career pathways.
We do this by focusing on a holistic approach to adult vocational learning, and utilise accelerated learning principles within a supportive, enriching environment.
SPIRITUAL VALUES & PRINCIPLES
- Equality of Women and Men
- Unity in Diversity
- Development of Human & Spiritual Potential
- Decision Making through Consultation
- Ethical Business Practice
- Promoting Human Rights
- Social Responsibility
- Sustainable Growth & Development
- Values Based Leadership
EQUALS is also a registered supplier to the United Nations Procurement Division and a supporter of the UN Global Compact principles, Women’s Empowerment principles Business for Peace. To learn more about the Global Compact and the UN please visit www.un.org
EQUALS is a registered training organisation that delivers nationally accredited and customised training.
EQUALS is registered with the Australian Skills Quality Authority and is an approved CRICOS provider.
National RTO Code: 3492 / CRICOS Code: 02804C
We are an approved education provider with the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council and a member of the Australian Council for Private Education and Training (ACPET).
Important Note about Tuition Assurance: EQUALS International (Aust) Pty Ltd and all CRICOS approved qualifications that we deliver are covered under the Tuition Protection Scheme.
You’ll also be pleased to know that our students can access Austudy approved programs (subject to eligibility).
The face of EQUALS is rich in diversity and professional expertise. Our accredited and industry experienced people come from a range of professional and cultural backgrounds, all of whom welcome the opportunity to be of service to you… our clients and students.
Existing students can locate contact details of our team in EQ-Online Moodle or by phoning + 61 (8) 8110 1200.
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Executive Officer
24 Hour Emergency Contact: In the event of an emergency please contact 0487 875 000.
EQUALS International, which is part of the EQUALS Group of organisations, are an internationally recognised vocational education provider. We engage professional educators, academics and facilitators, administrative and support related staff who support and value our philosophy and principles.
While our journey began 25 years ago, it is the opportunities ahead that excite us the most. If you are interested in working with EQUALS International, please contact us.
P: + 61 8 8110 1200 E: email@example.com
WORKING WITH THE UNITED NATIONS
VALUING THE UNITED NATIONS – OUR COMMITMENT TO JUSTICE
EQUALS is a registered supplier with the United Nations Procurement Division. ID no. 14797.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE GLOBAL COMPACT
The following statement has been taken from www.unglobalcompact.org
In an address to The World Economic Forum on 31 January 1999, United Nation Secretary-General Kofi Annan challenged business leaders to join an international initiative – the Global Compact – that would bring companies together with UN agencies, labour and civil society to support ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. The Global Compact’s operational phase was launched at UN Headquarters in New York on 26 July 2000.
Through the power of collective action, the Global Compact seeks to advance responsible corporate citizenship so that business can be part of the solution to the challenges of globalisation. In this way, the private sector – in partnership with other social actors – can help realize the Secretary-General’s vision: a more sustainable and inclusive global economy.
The ten principles are:
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights within their sphere of influence; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery.
Want to learn more? Visit www.unglobalcompact.org
EQUALS Interact is a social and personal development network focused on supporting learners, graduates and industry partners.
EQUALS Interact is a network whose purpose is to….
- Provide a supportive environment for women and men to affirm their worth and assist them in their endeavours in development and advancement.
- Foster human potential in the community.
- Provide the opportunity to meet people from diverse backgrounds in a relaxed, social and friendly environment.
- Provide personal and professional development opportunities for graduates, current students, clients and staff.
- Promote and encourage the development of soft and hard skills.
- Promote and encourage the achievement of equality.
As an Interact Member, you will receive:
- the opportunity to register and participate in professional development seminars.
- special guest speaker evenings.
- social networking events.
- regular e-newsletters.
- discount offers and early bird notification of EQUALS programs.
Contact Interact at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 889 939 for more information.
If you would like to receive the EQUALS Interact Newsletter, register your interest on the contact page, or email email@example.com. Be sure to quote “please subscribe me to the EQUALS Interact E-News” in the subject line.
OET TESTING CENTRE
In collaboration with PEAR, EQUALS is pleased to be able to offer OET Testing. Starting your international healthcare career is just a step away!
The Occupational English Test (OET) is recognised and trusted by healthcare boards and councils in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. Many organisations, including hospitals, universities and colleges, are using OET as proof of a candidate’s ability to communicate effectively in a demanding healthcare environment.
WHY CHOOSE OET?
OET instills confidence in the language competence of practising healthcare professionals. Here’s three great reasons why OET is the preferred English test for healthcare professionals:
1. Test materials reflect real workplace scenarios. You will know exactly what to expect and feel more confident on test day. Friendly staff who respect you as a professional.
2. Walk into an English-speaking healthcare job and quickly gain the respect of your patients, colleagues and employer. Use the skills you learn immediately, and for the rest of your career.
3. Official preparation material you can access anywhere, anytime. Fit preparation into your busy schedule and improve your ability to be your best in an English-speaking healthcare environment.
RECOMMENDED BY HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
Research shows that OET is advocated by past test takers as the most suitable test for registration, employment and visa purposes.
PROOF OF YOUR ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS
Discover the growing list of organisations that accept OET results as proof of English language proficiency. Please check with the organisation you are applying to regarding the OET grade(s) they will accept. Click here for details.
WHERE AND WHEN CAN I SIT THE TEST?
Click here for dates and locations. Simply choose PEAR, Adelaide under South Australia.
Results are available online approximately 16 days after the test. Results are mailed within 5 days of the online publication of results.
READY TO SIT THE TEST?
Note: This page has been adapted based on the information provided at www.occupationalenglishtest.org
SIGN UP FOR ALL THE LATEST EQUALS NEWS —>