The origin of Naturopathy can be traced right back to the Vedic period wherein the dietary principles (Pathya and Ahara) and the principles of health (Swastha Vurtha) described in Ayurveda have branched out and developed in the form of modern day Naturopathy. Ayurveda has the most comprehensive knowledge of nutritional treatment of diseases involving energetics, right food combinations, frequency, right preparation, seasonal effects etc which all affect healing at the physical, mental and spiritual level.
Ayurveda focuses on absolute perfect health and not disease; it embraces all areas of life – health, career, relationships and universal spirituality. Experienced Ayurvedic Practitioners can achieve wonderful results through sophisticated detoxification processes, lifestyleadvice, diet, exercise and herbal therapy. Our accredited Educators include experienced Ayurvedic Practitioners some of whom originally trained in India and now work in the west.
Ayurvedic training at EQUALS covers
- Ayurvedic Nutrition
- Ayurvedic Cooking
- Kitchen Pharmacy
- Herbal Therapy
- Pulse diagnosis
- Tongue diagnosis
- Marma – Triggerpoint therapy
- Yoga & Pranayama
- Ayurvedic Massage
- Ayurvedic Remedial therapies
- Herbal Medicine Preparation
- Lifestyle Disease Management
- Lifestyle Counselling
The Advanced Diploma of Ayurveda program is dedicated to the integration of authentic, ancient Vedic education with the enlightened Western ideas of today.
Ayurveda offers a diverse range of career pathways, and opportunities are increasing with the acceptance of Ayurveda into western medicine. Typical career options include:
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle Management Consultant,
- Ayurvedic Massage Therapist,
- Ayurvedic Practitioner,
- Health Food Consultant,
- Ayurvedic Cook,
- Vedic Life Coach,
- Yoga & Meditation Practitioner
For other important information, please read our Pre-admission Student Handbook. You can access it here.
Alternatively, you may request to have the handbook emailed to you by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUALS works collaboratively with the leading health and healing centres, Ayurveda Village and Aspects of Healing. Our unique collaboration with industry allows our students to receive the perfect combination of education and training in two state of the art integrative therapy centres. Our students grow to become excellent, work ready Practitioners while being supported in a nurturing, challenging and professional environment.
Selected EQUALS Ayurveda students may be offered the opportunity to participate in clinical placement at a leading Ayurvedic Hospital in India. * Clinical placement costs / travel / accommodation etc. are at an additional cost.
Important: To be considered for an intake, completed applications should be received no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled course commencement date. Applications that are incomplete or incorrect may not be considered. Course offers for applications received by the due date are not guaranteed and intake capacity may vary. EQUALS reserves the right to accept or decline applications at its total discretion.
If you do not hold a current DCSI check, you are required to apply through DCSI at the time of application for enrolment at EQUALS. A DCSI check must be acquired prior to industry placement. Visit http://www.dcsi.sa.gov.au/services/screening for further information.
Please note that the outcome of your DCSI screening check may affect student clinic participation opportunities, and that this is at the discretion of EQUALS.
A First Aid certificate is a pre-requisite for student clinic. You will complete the unit early in your first study period.
TYPICAL STUDY UNITS
- CHCCOM006 Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPR003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRP005 Engage with health professionals and the health system
- HLTAAP003 Analyse and respond to client health information
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTINF004 Manage the control of infection
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- HLTAYV001 Develop Ayurvedic practice
- HLTAYV002 Make Ayurvedic lifestyle assessments
- HLTAYV003 Provide Ayurvedic bodywork therapies
- HLTAYV004 Provide Ayurvedic lifestyle advice
- HLTAYV005 Provide advice on Ayurvedic nutrition
- HLTAYV006 Take cases within an Ayurvedic framework
- HLTAYV007 Diagnose conditions within an Ayurvedic framework
- HLTAYV008 Provide Ayurvedic remedial therapies
- HLTAYV009 Provide therapeutic Ayurvedic nutritional advice
- HLTAYV010 Select and advise on Ayurvedic medicines – dravyaguna
- HLTAYV011 Prepare and dispense Ayurvedic medicines – dravyaguna
- HLTAYV012 Monitor and evaluate Ayurvedic treatments
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
- Tuition Fee (AUD): $15,625
- Amenities Fee (AUD): $295
- Duration: 2 years
- Study Mode: On Campus,
Blended Learning (combination)
- Intakes: See Brochure
- Qual Code: HLT62615
- RPL: Yes
- VET Student Loans Eligible: N/A
- Resources Required: Yes
- Qual Status: Current
Tuition Fee (AUD): $24,950
Amenities Fee (AUD): $295
Duration: 2 years
Study Mode: On Campus,
Blended Learning (combination)
Qual Code: HLT62615
- CRICOS Course Code: 089506E
- RPL: Yes
Resources Required: Yes
Qual Status: Current