This qualification equips existing Enrolled Nurses with advanced clinical skills, management and leadership competencies, research skills and additional knowledge in the area of client management, assessment, and care.
Nurses enjoy a supportive learning environment where care and attention is given to their individual and work needs. Training sessions are supported by blended and online learning methods in this qualification for professional Nurses.
This program may provide university credit of 12 or more months (with the Diploma of Nursing program). Please check with the higher learning institution regarding eligibility for credits.
For other important information, please read our Pre-admission Student Handbook. You can access it here.
Alternatively, you may request to have the handbook emailed to you by contacting email@example.com.
VET STUDENT LOANS
Where students do not have access to an appropriate workplace context for demonstration of Advanced Nursing skills (e.g. in mental health nursing), EQUALS will liaise with the student to arrange a part time professional practice placement host to facilitate learning and assessment.
January, July & October Intakes
Important: To be considered for an intake, completed applications should be received no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled course commencement date. Applications that are incomplete or incorrect may not be considered. Course offers for applications received by the due date are not guaranteed and intake capacity may vary. EQUALS reserves the right to accept or decline applications at its total discretion.
Overseas Health Insurance: International students are required to hold cover for the duration of the course.
An entry health & skills questionnaire and interview may be required prior to enrolment.
Current and valid Provide First Aid certificate, Department of Communities & Social Inclusion (DCSI) Screening Check for working with vulnerable people, children, and in the Aged Care sector, plus Physical Fitness are required for this program.
If you do not hold a current DCSI check, you are required to apply through DCSI at the time of application for enrolment at EQUALS. A DCSI check must be acquired prior to industry placement. Visit http://www.dcsi.sa.gov.au/services/screening for further information.
Please note that the outcome of your DCSI screening check may affect industry placement opportunities, and that this is at the discretion of placement host facilities.
TYPICAL STUDY UNITS
- HLTENN020 Conduct clinical assessments
- HLTENN033 Research and report on nursing trends and practice
- HLTENN034 Contribute to the improvement of clinical practice
- CHCMHS005 Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCMHS006 Facilitate the recovery process with the person, family and carers
- HLTENN031 Apply nursing practice in contemporary mental health care settings
- CHCCCS019 Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCCSM002 Implement case management practice
- HLTWHS006 Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- CHCCCS014 Provide brief interventions
- Please note the above units are subject to change without notice
- Tuition Fee (AUD): $6,500
- Amenities Fee (AUD): $295
- Duration: Up to 52 weeks
- Study Mode: On Campus,
Blended Learning (combination)
- Intakes: See Brochure
- Qual Code: HLT64115
- RPL: Yes
- VET Student Loans Eligible: Yes
- Resources Required: Yes
- Qual Status: Current
Tuition Fee (AUD): $12,950
Amenities Fee (AUD): $295
Duration: 12 months
Study Mode: On Campus,
Blended Learning (combination)
Qual Code: HLT64115
- CRICOS Course Code: 093205F
Resources Required: Yes
Qual Status: Current