(Source: Australian Association of Massage Therapists www.aamt.com.au)
Massage therapy has become widely accepted by the public as well as the health and medical communities. EQUALS’ nationally recognised massage course covers specialisations in areas such as:
- pre and post natal care
- aged care
- pre and post operative care
- palliative care
- management of injuries
Our Educators work at the leading edge of the wider healthcare industry and focus on imparting effective therapeutic and clinical techniques. As more people turn to massage for its health benefits, a growing number of individuals and existing health professionals around the world are successfully combining massage with their practical and clinical skills to promote healing within the conventional medical community.
Our goal is to help you balance caring for yourself while caring for others, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Successful completion of the Diploma of Remedial Massage qualifies graduates to register with the Australian Association of Massage Therapists and to work as an accredited Massage Therapist.
Important Note: This program is endorsed by AAMT and meets the requirements for registration as a Provider with most major health funds, including HCF and Medibank Private. However, participants are advised that information may change without notice and to confirm eligibility as a graduate with the Health Fund(s) you intend to register with as a registered Massage Therapist.
VET STUDENT LOANS
Students participate in a minimum of 200 hours of structured and supervised student clinic where skills, knowledge and attitudes and developed as they work towards mastering therapy practice.
EQUALS works collaboratively with the leading health and healing centre, Aspects of Healing for selected industry placements. Our students grow to become confident, work ready Therapists while being supported in a nurturing, challenging and professional environment.
Important: To be considered for an intake, completed applications should be received no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled course commencement date. Applications that are incomplete or incorrect may not be considered. Course offers for applications received by the due date are not guaranteed and intake capacity may vary. EQUALS reserves the right to accept or decline applications at its total discretion.
If you do not hold a current DCSI check, you are required to apply through DCSI at the time of application for enrolment at EQUALS. A DCSI check must be acquired prior to industry placement. Visit http://www.dcsi.sa.gov.au/services/screening for further information.
Please note that the outcome of your DCSI screening check may affect student clinic participation opportunities, and that this is at the discretion of EQUALS.
A First Aid certificate is a pre-requisite for student clinic. You will complete the unit early in your first study period.
TYPICAL STUDY UNITS
- CHCCOM006: Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCDIV001: Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003: Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPRP003: Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRP005: Engage with health professionals and the health system
- HLTAAP003: Analyse and respond to client health information
- HLTAID003: Provide first aid
- HLTINF004: Manage the control of infection
- HLTMSG001: Develop massage practice
- HLTMSG002: Assess client massage needs
- HLTMSG003: Perform remedial massage musculoskeletal assessments
- HLTMSG004: Provide massage treatments
- HLTMSG005: Provide remedial massage treatments
- HLTMSG006: Adapt remedial massage practice to meet specific needs
- HLTMSG008: Monitor and evaluate remedial massage treatments
- HLTWHS004: Manage work health and safety
- BSBSMB404: Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB405: Monitor and manage small business operations
- BSBSMB403: Market the small business
- BSBSMB406 MAnage small business finances
- HLTMSG007: Adapt remedial massage practice for athletes
- Tuition Fee (AUD): $9,900
- Amenities Fee (AUD): $295
- Duration: 52 weeks
- Study Mode: On Campus,
Blended Learning (combination)
- Intakes: See Brochure
- Qual Code: HLT52015
- RPL: Yes
- VET Student Loans Eligible: Yes
- Resources Required: Yes
- Qual Status: Current
Tuition Fee (AUD): $12,950
Amenities Fee (AUD): $295
Duration: 52 weeks
Study Mode: On Campus,
Blended Learning (combination)
Qual Code: HLT52015
- CRICOS Course Code: 089503G
- RPL: Yes
Resources Required: Yes
Qual Status: Current