Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
This qualification reflects the role of educators in early childhood education and care who work in regulated children’s education and care services in Australia. They support children’s wellbeing, and development in the context of an approved learning framework. Educators use a range of well-developed skills and knowledge using discretion and judgment when carrying out their work in the context of established policies and procedures. They may work independently or under the guidance of others, though in some contexts that guidance may not be on-site.
Early childhood educators work in long day care centres, family day care, pre-schools or kindergartens.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Under the Education and Care Services National Law (2011) the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) publishes lists of approved early childhood education and care qualifications and information regarding regulatory requirements here: www.acecqa.gov.au
There are no formal entry requirements listed in the qualification packaging rules.
EQUALS International (Aust) Pty Ltd business rules require:
- Adult Entry (18 years or over at the time of application)
All applicants must also demonstrate adequate English language skills and numeracy skills to communicate safely and effectively in industry.
Domestic applicants will be required to demonstrate adequate literacy and numeracy skills at pre-admission interview through formal assessment.
WORK INTEGRATED LEARNING PRACTICE
To achieve this qualification, the individual must have completed a total of least 160 hours of work in a regulated children’s education and care service in Australia as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency. The total number of hours may be applied collectively across all units of competency that include the requirement for workplace hours.
Before going on WIL students will be required to have the following vaccinations and submitted evidence of doing so:
Please note this information may change without notice. Additional vaccinations may be required and are based on the National Immunisation Program.
Before going on WIL, students are required to have the following background checks:
Before commencing WIL, students are required to have obtained the following certificates:
- Child Safe Environments Certificate
Vaccinations, certificates and background checks will be at the student’s expense.
Jan 2022, May 2022, July 2022, Oct 2022
Important: To be considered for an intake, completed applications should be received no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled course commencement date. Applications that are incomplete or incorrect may not be considered. Course offers for applications received by the due date are not guaranteed and intake capacity may vary. EQUALS reserves the right to accept or decline applications at its total discretion.
- CHCECE030 Support inclusion and diversity
- CHCECE031 Support children’s health, safety and wellbeing
- CHCECE032 Nurture babies and toddlers
- CHCECE033 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE034 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE035 Support the holistic learning and development of children
- CHCECE036 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE037 Support children to connect with the natural environment
- CHCECE038 Observe children to inform practice
- CHCECE054 Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultures
- CHCECE055 Meet legal and ethical obligations in children’s education and care
- CHCECE056 Work effectively in children’s education and care
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
As part of its commitment to holistic training, EQUALS provides students with additional study and personal development in the following modules:
- Study Skills
- Spiritual Intelligence
Early childhood educators work in long day care centres, family day care, pre-schools or kindergartens. Students can undertake further studies.
Fees and Subsidies:
- If you are eligible for government subsidised funding the fee is $300, Please note that with subsidised funding if you choose to withdraw before completion of the qualification, you will be liable for the full course fees amount.
- Full course Fees $3500
- Resources Fee $300
- Student Services Fee
This course is not eligible for VET Student Loan (VSL).
Duration: 48 weeks, including 160 hours of Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
Study Mode: On Campus, full time
RPL: If you have related prior education and experiences, you may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Please follow this link for more information on applying for Recognition of Prior Learning. If you have successfully completed units of competency from this qualification previously, you may be eligible for National Recognition, please follow this link for more information on National Recognition (Credit Transfer).
- Uniform Polo shirt
- Required and Recommended Texts
- Qual Status: Current
- Other fees: Please see the Student Handbook for further information and other fees possible.
Not offered to international students