Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
This qualification reflects the role of a variety of workers who use a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge to provide assistance to health professional staff for the care of clients. Health services assistance involves the worker in direct client contact under supervision.
Health Services Assistants are employed in a variety of settings. They may be employed by a specific health care provider or by an organisation that specialises in provision of general health services, storage, transport and client assistance. A wide variety of employment opportunities exist for Health Services Assistants across government, agencies, community and private industry. Employment is typically available on a full time or part time basis and suits a range of individuals with a variety of employment needs.
Students who successfully complete this course may be eligible to continue further study at Diploma level in Community Services, Nursing, Mental Health or other related human services fields.
January, April, July and October intakes.
Entry requirements for the Certificate III in Health Services HLT33115 Assistance qualification are:
ENGLISH REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Please view the English requirements for international students on this page.
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
Elective Units offered by EQUALS
- BSBOPS203 Deliver a service to customers
- BSBLDR414 Lead team effectiveness
- HLTHSS003 Perform general cleaning tasks in a clinical setting
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCPRP005 Engage with health professionals and the health system
- CHCCCS010 Maintain a high standard of service
- CHCCCS012 Prepare and maintain beds
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
Subsidised by the Government of South Australia for eligible participants. Eligibility and subsidy criteria applies. Check your eligibility at www.skills.sa.gov.au
- WorkReady Co-Contribution Fee: $295.00
- Job Trainer Co-Contribution Fee: $150.00
- Fee for Service: $2,295.00
- Duration: 34 weeks.
- Study Modes: On Campus (Full-time) or Self-Paced/Blended
- Intakes: Contact us for information
- Qual Code: HLT33115
- RPL: Yes
- VET Student Loans Eligible: –
- Resources Required: –
- Qual Status: Current
Tuition Fee (AUD): $4,500
Amenities Fee (AUD): $295
Study Mode: On Campus,
Qual Code: HLT33115
- CRICOS Course Code: 093198M
- RPL: Yes
Resources Required: –
Qual Status: Current