in Health Services
This qualification reflects the role of a variety of workers who use a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge to provide assistance to health professional staff for the care of clients. Health services assistance involves the worker in direct client contact under supervision.
Health Services Assistants are employed in a variety of settings. They may be employed by a specific health care provider or by an organisation that specialises in provision of general health services, storage, transport and client assistance. A wide variety of employment opportunities exist for Health Services Assistants across government, agencies, community and private industry. Employment is typically available on a full time or part time basis and suits a range of individuals with a variety of employment needs.
Students who successfully complete this program may be eligible to continue further study at Diploma level in Community Services, Nursing, Mental Health or other related human services fields.
For other important information, please read our Pre-admission Student Handbook. You can access it here.
Alternatively, you may request to have the handbook emailed to you by contacting email@example.com.
This course includes 400 hours of industry placement in an approved industry setting. The placement is included as part of the course duration.
Important: To be considered for an intake, completed applications should be received no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled course commencement date. Applications that are incomplete or incorrect may not be considered. Course offers for applications received by the due date are not guaranteed and intake capacity may vary. EQUALS reserves the right to accept or decline applications at its total discretion.
• Adequate English language skills and numeracy skills to communicate safely and effectively in study and work environments. Domestic applicants are required to complete relevant internal LLN skills testing and/or are required to successfully demonstrate exit level 2 in reading and numeracy through the CSPA test (refer EQUALS LLN Policy). International applicants are required to demonstrate a minimum 5.5 overall band score in IELTS (or equivalent) prior to course commencement.
• Physical fitness to meet industry requirements
Students are encouraged to obtain the following in preparation for employment:
• Successful completion of theory and simulated practical assessment, including Hand Hygiene Certificate, and
• Valid DCSI Clearances for working with Aged, Vulnerable and Children, and
• Applicants must show adequate evidence of competency in communication skills. In particular, applicants need to be able to read, comprehend, interpret, apply, write and share information to standards that will ensure the safety of clients in their care.
TYPICAL STUDY UNITS
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- BSBLDR403 Lead Team Effectiveness
- CHCCCS009 Facilitate responsible behaviour
- BSBCUS201 Deliver a service to customers
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
Subsidised by the Government of South Australia for eligible participants. Eligibility and subsidy criteria applies. Check your eligibility at www.skills.sa.gov.au
- Co-Contribution Fee: $295.00
- Duration: 34 weeks.
- Study Mode: On Campus (Full-time or Part-time)
- Intakes: Contact us for information
- Qual Code: HLT33115
- RPL: Yes
- VET Student Loans Eligible: –
- Resources Required: –
- Qual Status: Current
Tuition Fee (AUD): Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Amenities Fee (AUD): $295
Study Mode: On Campus,
Qual Code: HLT33115
- CRICOS Course Code: 093198M
- RPL: Yes
Resources Required: –
Qual Status: Current