Certificate III in Hospitality
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a range of hospitality service, sales or operational skills. This individual would be able to work with some independence, and using plans, policies and procedures to guide their work. Work may be undertaken in various hospitality settings, such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. For other important information, please read our Pre-admission Student Handbook. You can access it here. Alternatively, you may request to have the handbook emailed to you by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the content offered, please contact us at email@example.com for a full list of available units and specialisations.
Important: To be considered for an intake, completed applications should be received no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled course commencement date. Applications that are incomplete or incorrect may not be considered. Course offers for applications received by the due date are not guaranteed and intake capacity may vary. EQUALS reserves the right to accept or decline applications at its total discretion.
The January 2019 intake of this program is designed for school students. Therefore, applicants must be currently attending year 10, 11 or 12 at school.
TYPICAL STUDY UNITS
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
- SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SIRXSLS001 Sell to the retail customer
- SIRXPDK001 Advise on products and services
- SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITHIND001 Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
- BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Tuition Fee (AUD): $1,450
Amenities Fee (AUD): $295
Duration: 6 months
Study Mode: Flexible
Qual Code: SIT30616
VET Student Loans Eligible: N/A
Resources Required: N/A
- Qual Status: Current
Not offered to international students