Looking for flexibility in your career choice? The Certificate III in Pathology Collection is delivered either as a full qualification or as a Statement of Attainment (part qualification).
The full Certificate qualification requires completion of a professional experience placement over a minimum of 40 hours. Professional experience placements are provided subject to supply and employer availability. Alternatively, students undertaking the Statement of Attainment are able to complete their professional experience placements once they have secured employment. Students undertaking the Statement of Attainment will receive up to 13 units of competency in the full qualification, which has 14 units of competency.
Students undertaking studies in Pathology Collection are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities before they have completed their studies. Studies also provide flexibility and opportunity to pathway into higher qualifications within the health sector.
The Certificate III in Pathology Collection qualification reflects the role of pathology collectors. Workers in this role work independently and as part of a team, contributing to processes and procedures, taking responsibility for their own work. They possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a balanced application of customer service and technical skills, using discretion and judgment to adapt and transfer their skills to different situations.
Pathology Collectors are employed in a variety of settings. They may be employed by a specific health care provider or by an organisation that specialises in pathology collection, storage and transport.
A wide variety of employment opportunities exist for pathology collectors across government and private industry. Employment is typically available on a full time or part time basis and suits a range of individuals with a variety of employment needs.
The placement is included as part of the course duration.
Important: To be considered for an intake, completed applications should be received no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled course commencement date. Applications that are incomplete or incorrect may not be considered. Course offers for applications received by the due date are not guaranteed and intake capacity may vary. EQUALS reserves the right to accept or decline applications at its total discretion.
• Adequate English language skills and numeracy skills to communicate safely and effectively in study and work environments. Domestic applicants are required to complete relevant internal LLN skills testing and/or are required to successfully demonstrate exit level 2 in reading and numeracy through the CSPA test (refer EQUALS LLN Policy). International applicants are required to demonstrate a minimum 5.5 overall band score in IELTS (or equivalent) prior to course commencement.
• Physical fitness to meet industry requirements
Before going on industry placement students are typically required to show evidence of:
• Successful completion of theory and simulated practical assessment, including Hand Hygiene Certificate, and
• Valid DCSI Clearances for working with Aged, Vulnerable and Children, and
• Applicants must show adequate evidence of competency in communication skills. In particular, applicants need to be able to read, comprehend, interpret, apply, write and share information to standards that will ensure the safety of clients in their care.
TYPICAL STUDY UNITS
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTPAT001 Identify and respond to clinical risks in pathology collection
- HLTPAT002 Perform venous blood collections
- HLTPAT004 Collect pathology specimens other than blood
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBCUS201 Deliver a service to customers
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTCAR001 Perform electrocardiography (ECG)
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- HLTPAT003 Perform capillary blood collections
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- Tuition Fee (AUD): $2,595 t0 $2,795
- Amenities Fee (AUD): $295
- Duration: 34 weeks
- Study Mode: On Campus,
Intakes: See Brochure
- Qual Code: HLT37215
- RPL: Yes
- VET Student Loans Eligible: –
- Resources Required: Yes
- Qual Status: Current
Tuition Fee (AUD): Contact us at email@example.com
Amenities Fee (AUD): $295
Study Mode: On Campus
Qual Code: HLT37215
- CRICOS Course Code: 093200M
- RPL: Yes
Resources Required: Yes
Qual Status: Current