The origin of Naturopathy can be traced right back to the Vedic period wherein the dietary principles (Pathya and Ahara) and the principles of health (Swastha Vurtha) described in Ayurveda have branched out and developed in the form of modern day Naturopathy. Ayurveda has the most comprehensive knowledge of nutritional treatment of diseases involving energetics, right food combinations, frequency, right preparation, seasonal effects etc which all affect healing at the physical, mental and spiritual level.
Ayurveda focuses on absolute perfect health and not disease; it embraces all areas of life – health, career, relationships and universal spirituality.
Graduates of the Diploma of Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultation are qualified to offer consultations and provide advice, selected remedies and Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultation therapies according to Ayurvedic principles. People working at this level may be self-employed independent practitioners or work in a larger health service.
Graduates of the Diploma of Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultation who wish to further their study will gain advanced standing into the second year of the Advanced Diploma of Ayurveda at EQUALS.
For other important information, please read our Pre-admission Student Handbook. You can access it here.
Alternatively, you may request to have the handbook emailed to you by contacting email@example.com.
INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE AND RECOGNITION
Students participate in a minimum of 200 hours of structured and supervised student clinic where skills, knowledge and attitudes and developed as you work towards mastering your therapy practice.
EQUALS works collaboratively with the leading health and healing centres, Ayurveda Village and Aspects of Healing. Our unique collaboration with industry allows our students to receive the perfect combination of education and training in two state of the art integrative therapy centres. Our students grow to become excellent, work ready Practitioners while being supported in a nurturing, challenging and professional environment.
This course is recognised by the Australia’s leading natural medicine industry body, the Australian Traditional Medicine Society.
Important: To be considered for an intake, completed applications should be received no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled course commencement date. Applications that are incomplete or incorrect may not be considered. Course offers for applications received by the due date are not guaranteed and intake capacity may vary. EQUALS reserves the right to accept or decline applications at its total discretion.
If you do not hold a current DCSI check, you are required to apply through DCSI at the time of application for enrolment at EQUALS. A DCSI check must be acquired prior to industry placement. Visit http://www.dcsi.sa.gov.au/services/screening for further information.
Please note that the outcome of your DCSI screening check may affect student clinic participation opportunities, and that this is at the discretion of EQUALS.
A First Aid certificate is a pre-requisite for student clinic. You will complete the unit early in your first study period.
TYPICAL STUDY UNITS
- CHCCOM006 Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTINF004 Manage the control of infection
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- HLTAYV001 Develop Ayurvedic practice
- HLTAYV002 Make Ayurvedic lifestyle assessments
- HLTAYV003 Provide Ayurvedic bodywork therapies
- HLTAYV004 Provide Ayurvedic lifestyle advice
- HLTAYV005 Provide advice on Ayurvedic nutrition
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
- CHCPRP005 Engage with health professionals and the health system
- Tuition Fee (AUD): $6,490
- Amenities Fee (AUD): $295
- Duration: Up to 52 weeks
- Study Mode: On Campus,
Blended Learning (combination)
- Intakes: See Brochure
- Qual Code: HLT52615
- RPL: Yes
- VET Student Loans Eligible: N/A
- Resources Required: Yes
- Qual Status: Current