Diploma of Remedial Massage
Massage is the practice of influencing soft tissue by physical, functional, and in some cases psychological purposes and goals by accredited professionals. Massage involves acting on and inspiring the client’s body with pressure (structured, unstructured, stationary, and/or moving), tension, motion, or vibration done manually or with mechanical aids. Target tissues may include muscles, tendons, ligaments, skin, joints, or other connective tissue, as well as lymphatic vessels, and/or organs. Massage can be applied with the hands, fingers, elbows, forearm, and feet.
(Source: Australian Association of Massage Therapists)
Massage therapy has become widely accepted by the public as well as the health and medical communities. EQUALS’ nationally recognised massage course covers specialisations in areas such as:
- pre and post natal care
- aged care
- pre and post operative care
- palliative care
- management of injuries
Our Educators work at the leading edge of the wider healthcare industry and focus on imparting effective therapeutic and clinical techniques. As more people turn to massage for its health benefits, a growing number of individuals and existing health professionals around the world are successfully combining massage with their practical and clinical skills to promote healing within the conventional medical community.
Our goal is to help you balance caring for yourself while caring for others, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Successful completion of the Diploma of Remedial Massage HLT52015 qualifies graduates to register with the Australian Association of Massage Therapists and to work as an accredited Massage Therapist.
Important Note: This course is endorsed by industry and meets the requirements for registration as a Provider with most major health funds, including HCF and Medibank Private. However, students are advised that information may change without notice and to confirm eligibility as a graduate with the Health Fund(s) you intend to register with as a registered Massage Therapist.
For other important information, please read our Pre-admission Student Handbook. You can access it here.
Alternatively, you may request to have the handbook emailed to you by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
VET STUDENT LOANS
Eligible students will be entitled for loans up to a capped amount. Students will need to contribute the difference if the total course fee exceeds the loan cap for a course. A loan cap of $16,077 applies to this course.
INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE AND RECOGNITION
Students participate in a minimum of 200 hours of structured and supervised student clinic where skills, knowledge and attitudes and developed as they work towards mastering therapy practice.
EQUALS works collaboratively with the leading health and healing centre, Aspects of Healing for selected industry placements. Our students grow to become confident, work ready Therapists while being supported in a nurturing, challenging and professional environment.
This course is recognised by the Australia’s leading natural medicine industry body, the Australian Traditional Medicine Society.
Please contact us for information
Important: To be considered for an intake, completed applications should be received no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled course commencement date. Applications that are incomplete or incorrect may not be considered. Course offers for applications received by the due date are not guaranteed and intake capacity may vary. EQUALS reserves the right to accept or decline applications at its total discretion.
Current and valid Provide First Aid certificate, Department of Communities & Social Inclusion (DCSI) Screening Checks for working with Vulnerable People, with Children, and in the Aged Care Sector, & Physical Fitness are required for this course.
If you do not hold a current DCSI check, you are required to apply through DCSI at the time of application for enrolment at EQUALS. A DCSI check must be acquired prior to industry placement. Visit http://www.dcsi.sa.gov.au/services/screening for further information.
Please note that the outcome of your DCSI screening check may affect student clinic participation opportunities, and that this is at the discretion of EQUALS.
A First Aid certificate is a pre-requisite for student clinic. You will complete the unit early in your first study period.
- CHCCOM006: Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCDIV001: Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003: Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPRP003: Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRP005: Engage with health professionals and the health system
- HLTAAP003: Analyse and respond to client health information
- HLTAID003: Provide first aid
- HLTINF004: Manage the control of infection
- HLTMSG001: Develop massage practice
- HLTMSG002: Assess client massage needs
- HLTMSG003: Perform remedial massage musculoskeletal assessments
- HLTMSG004: Provide massage treatments
- HLTMSG005: Provide remedial massage treatments
- HLTMSG006: Adapt remedial massage practice to meet specific needs
- HLTMSG008: Monitor and evaluate remedial massage treatments
- HLTWHS004: Manage work health and safety
Elective Units offered by EQUALS
- BSBSMB404: Undertake small business planning
- HLTMSG007: Adapt remedial massage practice for athletes
- CHCPOL003: Research and apply evidence to practice
- SISSSPT001: Implement sport injury prevention and management strategies
- HLTHPS010: Interpret and use information about nutrition and diet
- Tuition Fee (AUD): $11,500
- Amenities Fee (AUD): $295
- Duration: 52 weeks
- Study Mode: On Campus,
Blended Learning (combination)
- Intakes: Contact us for information
- Qual Code: HLT52015
- RPL: Yes
- VET Student Loans Eligible: Yes
- VET Student Loan Cap: $16,077
- Resources Required: Yes
- Qual Status: Current
Tuition Fee (AUD): $12,950
Amenities Fee (AUD): $295
Duration: 52 weeks
Study Mode: On Campus,
Blended Learning (combination)
Qual Code: HLT52015
- CRICOS Course Code: 089503G
- RPL: Yes
Resources Required: Yes
Qual Status: Current