Certificate IV in Ageing Support
Up to 52 weeks
On Campus | Blended
The Certificate IV in Ageing Support CHC43015 offers students a dual qualification that also equips graduates with the Certificate III in Individual Support CHC33015. For international students, this course includes intensive English language training and employment support and can be used as a pathway into the Diploma of Nursing HLT54115 course.
The dual qualification reflects the role of support workers who fulfil both day to day as well as specialised tasks and functions in aged services; within the residential, home or community based environment. Graduates will take responsibility for their own work outputs within organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery. Graduates of this course may also be employed in roles where they are required to demonstrate leadership and have some responsibility within the context of their job roles.
The first part of the dual course offers students a holistic approach to caring for the aged. With exceptional job outcomes in a growing sector, the Certificate III in Individual Support CHC33015 course will offer individuals a supportive learning environment and unique opportunities to develop the physical, mental and emotional skills associated with the human services area. Special attention is given to prepare students for employment as well as mastering English language and communication skills required for a career in health.
Important note: This course requires a National Police Check obtained through the South Australian Police. See details on the SAPOL website, and in the Extended Course Information section.
For other important information, please read the Extended Course Information section and review our Student Handbook.
If you want to study a course that will give you skills employers need, the South Australian Government pays part of your course fees for you.
Your eligibility for government subsidised training may be based on your employment status and any training you’ve already completed.
Check your eligibility here.
Applicants must show adequate evidence of competency in communication skills in their pre-enrolment LLN testing. In particular, applicants need to be able to read, comprehend, interpret, apply, write and share information to standards that will ensure the safety of clients in their care.
- CHCADV001: Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001: Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003: Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004: Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005: Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006: Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011: Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023: Support independence and well being
- CHCCCS025: Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001: Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003: Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001: Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001: Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001: Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002: Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Elective Units offered by EQUALS
- CHCCCS001: Address the needs of people with chronic disease
- CHCCCS015: Provide individualised support
- CHCCOM005: Communicate and work in health or community services
- HLTAID003: Provide First Aid
- CHCLEG001: Work legally and ethically
Domestic Study Mode
On Campus | Blended
Work Integrated Learning
This course includes 190 hours of industry placement in an approved aged care (or equivalent) facility setting. The placement is included as part of the course duration.
Please note that industry placement is a compulsory part of this course.
Nationally Recognised Training
National Recognition (Credit Transfer) and Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have related prior education and experiences, you may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Please follow this link for more information on applying for Recognition of Prior Learning. If you have successfully completed units of competency from this qualification previously, you may be eligible for National Recognition, please follow this link for more information on National Recognition (Credit Transfer).