Why Study With EQUALS?
There are many reasons to consider EQUALS as your study destination. At the heart of our organisation is the genuine desire to be of service and to develop human potential. At EQUALS, you can look forward to receiving:
- Industry driven and high demand qualifications
- Flexible payment options
- Employment assistance program and career counselling
- A dedicated team of education and industry professionals that are focused on your needs
- A boutique sized Institute that offers friendly faces and care
- High graduate job rates and support from employers and industry
- Student facilities to support your learning
- Student support services to help you succeed
- Student advocacy and external liaison services
New students often experience challenges adjusting to tertiary education. This can be made even more challenging for overseas students who are adjusting to a new country and lifestyle. At EQUALS, our boutique sized Institute and friendly staff specialise in understanding each student’s needs. We support our students in many ways, including:
- Accommodation & lifestyle
- English support
- Financial counselling
- No cost Access to Social Work/Counselling services
- Employment support
- Making new friends and living in the community
These services can make all the difference to international students… helping them to find success and thrive is our point of difference! Our qualifications will typically appeal to a broad range of overseas students and includes mature aged women and men, as well as youth and school leavers.
EQUALS believes that we offer a key role in helping you achieve your goal.
EQUALS holds over 1200 titles, hard copy and electronic titles in areas directly relevant to your area of study. Our library has texts and other resources across a range of study areas, including:
- Human Services and Social Work
- Health & Allied Health
- Nursing & Advanced Nursing
- Business & Administration
- Leadership & Management
- Personal Development & Career Planning
- Community Services
- Mental Health
- Ayurveda and Remedial Therapies
You can access our Library Catalogue via the Student Centre on EQOnline (Moodle) and current students are encouraged to borrow resources.
QUIET STUDY AND INTERNET FACILITIES Students are welcome to use quiet study and/or internet facilities upon request. These services are provided to support your studies.
STUDY SKILLS EQUALS offers individual academic support and study skills workshops for students. During these interactive sessions, students learn about academic writing, referencing systems, good study skills and habits, time management and research skills.
LITERACY & NUMERACY SUPPORT Students who require extra support in the area of literacy and numeracy support may be able to participate in workshops designed to help them in their areas of need. If you would like to know more about receiving literacy and/or numeracy support sessions, please contact Students Services here.
The following information is required with all applications for enrolment. To avoid delays please ensure that you have provided this information with your application. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
It is very important that you carefully read the Applicant Enrolment Checklist information in our domestic application page.
Even if you submit your application via email, you are still required to provide a signed application form and valid evidence. Are you intending to apply for VET Student Loans?
Further information on VET Student Loans is available at the Study Assist website.
The information required for admissions can be found on our International Application page. To avoid delays please be sure that you have provided accurate and complete information with your application. Incomplete applications may not be considered. It is very important that you carefully read the Applicant Enrolment Checklist on our International Application page.
Flexible Study Options
At EQUALS, you have the flexibility and choice to learn in the way that suits you best. Courses include full time and part time study options enabling you to select the learning path that’s right for you.
- Day, Evening and Weekend Classes – enjoy the benefits of being in a group learning environment onsite.
- Full Time Study – achieving your dream quicker.
- Part Time Study – making study work around your busy lifestyle.
- Online and Self Paced Learning – ideal for those who live in regional areas or who can’t attend oncampus training, or who may like to have a blended mix of oncampus and self paced learning. *Selected courses only.
- Blended Study – the truly flexible approach where you can mix delivery options to suit you!
Regular enrolments apply for most courses. Consult with one of our Admissions Advisors today.
EQUALS is well placed to offer a diverse range of industry driven qualifications.
Graduate Career Pathways: There are a number of ways that you can investigate what graduate employment pathways are available once you have finished your course. You may also like to investigate career pathways by visiting websites such as myfuture.edu.au and studyassist.gov.au.
We recommend you speak with one of our Admissions Advisors to explore how we can assist you with your career goals.
For Prospective Nursing Students: In addition to successful completion of this ANMAC approved course, students are required to provide evidence to the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia to be eligible for enrolment as a nurse. This includes:
- evidence that they are a fit and proper person;
- evidence that they are medically fit to practice;
- any other evidence that the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia may require, e.g. for students that meet the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia definition of an international student, they will be required to provide evidence of meeting the English Language Proficiency requirements at the time of application for enrolment.
Please note that some requirements for enrolment as a nurse, such as English Language Proficiency, are determined by Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia policy and are provided as a guide only. Please note these policies may be subject to change during the period of a student’s course and students are required to meet the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia requirements in place at the time of application for enrolment.
VET Student Loans
EQUALS is an approved VET Student Loans provider.
EQUALS offers a number of financial assistance options for our students. Students applying for a government subsidised or funded course may be eligible for concession if they hold a current:
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card, and/or
- Health Care Card
Customised Training Solutions
EQUALS regularly delivers customised training solutions for our local and international clients. Whether you have a specific need or are looking for some inspiration for your team, why not contact us to determine your unique training needs?
EQUALS offers a range of articulations and pathway agreements both within EQUALS as well as other higher education providers.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
If you are studying nationally recognised training in Australia you will be required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). EQUALS is an internationally recognised and Registered Training Organisation (registered with the Australian Quality Training Framework). Your USI links to an online account that contains all your training records and results (transcript) that you have completed from 1 January 2015 onwards.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
EQUALS offers culturally sensitive support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students both applying and currently studying with us.
Thinking about studying at EQUALS?